Issues like acidity, gas, indigestion, and bloating are very common nowadays. However, these problems can often cause extreme sharp pain, uncomfortable feeling in abdominal area. However before moving onto their treatment, one must know what causes issues like gas, acidity, indigestion and bloating.
What Causes Gas & Acidity?
Gas and acidity are some of the main symptoms that you are suffering from “indigestion”. These issues are typically caused by lack of exercising and body movement. Indigestion can also be caused if you are eating too fast, consuming liquids before and after meals, overeating and more.
Home Remedies For Gas And Bloating
Moving onto the treatment, here are some effective home remedies you can follow to cure and treat issues like acidity, indigestion, gas and bloating at home-
Home Remedies For Gas
- Fenugreek Seed Water– Fenugreek seeds can help a lot in treating issues like gas and indigestion. You can consume the fenugreek seeds by soaking them in a glass of water overnight. Drink that water in the morning on an empty stomach.
2. Carom Seeds Aka Ajwain– Apart from fenugreek seeds you can also try carom seeds also known as “ajwain” in the Indian households. Drinking ajwain water can help in curing gas issues. You can consume carom seeds with a cup of warm water and a pinch of salt.
3. Jaggery Aka Gur– Another Indian household ingredient that can help you treat gas is Jaggery aka Gur. Consuming jaggery after meals works as a detoxifying agent. It also helps in curing constipation issues.
Home Remedies For Bloating
4. Ginger– Ginger is a dietary agent that helps in curing issues like indigestion that causes bloating. Therefore, consuming ginger tea and other herbal teas can help in curing bloating.
5. Avoid Carbonated Drinks– Consuming high amounts of carbonated drinks can cause bloating. Therefore, one must avoid carbonated drinks and high fat foods to prevent bloating.
6. Hydration– Keeping yourself hydrated is the key to avoid bloating. Drinking plenty of foods will keep your intestines hydrated hence preventing accumulation of gas. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
7. Eat Small Portions– Last but not the least is to avoid eating too much food at once. Instead try eating small portions often in a day. That will help you avoid indigestion and gas hence it will prevent bloating.
ALSO READ: 5 Effective Home Remedies For Eye Flu