Kerala has now reported the third case of coronavirus. Kerala Health Minister KK Shailaja has confirmed the third case of coronavirus in India and said that a patient has tested positive in Kerala’s Kasargod.
The third case of coronavirus is a student who has recently come back from China like the first two cases of coronavirus detected in different parts of Kerala.
Shailaja has said, “The patient is under treatment at the Kanjangad District Hospital in Kasaragod. The patient’s condition is stable. The patient had returned from Wuhan, China.”
All three cases of coronavirus have been reported from Kerala where the government has kept around 2,000 people under observation at different hospitals, quarantine facilities and also homes.
The first case was reported from Thrissur on Thursday with a woman medical student who returned from Wuhan testing positive for the infection.
According to Health Minister Shailaja, the condition of the third patient is also stable. “All 3 patients are being treated in isolation wards. Their condition remains stable. As of February 2, 104 samples have been tested of which only 3 has come positive,” she added.
“A total of 1999 people have returned from the affected country recently. 1924 are under home quarantine and the remaining 75 are being monitored at various hospitals,” said KK Shailaja.
Over 350 people have already died in China’s Wuhan city so far and coronavirus has already infected over 14,000 people in the country. The disease has spread to around 25 countries so far, including India and the US.
India has meanwhile evacuated over 650 people from China’s Wuhan city and brought them back as the deadly coronavirus spreads across China and other countries. India has also brought back 7 Maldivian nationals along with the Indians from China.
India flew two special Air India jets from China to India and brought back Indians residing in Wuhan in two batches. While it has brought back hundreds of Indians, the government has not brought back some of the Indian nationals in China who had high fever and other complaints.
On Sunday, the government announced temporary suspension of e-visa facility for Chinese travellers and foreigners residing in the neighbouring country and issued a fresh advisory saying anyone with travel history to China since January 15 can be quarantined.
As on Sunday, 58,658 passengers from 445 flights have been screened for nCoV symptom. A total of 142 symptomatic travellers picked up by the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) have been referred to the isolation facilities.
As many as 130 samples have been tested of which 128 have been found to be negative so far, the Health Ministry said.