Around last month, Sushant Singh Rajput’s father K.K Singh had filed an FIR in Patna against the late actor’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty and five others for abetment to suicide and cheating. Following the same, the Jalebi actress had sent a plea to the Supreme Court to transfer the probe from Bihar to Mumbai.
The latest update about the same says that the top court has pronounced its verdict on the case on August 19, at 11 AM by Justice Hrishikesh Roy. The Supreme Court has now given a nod for the CBI investigation in Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case.
The verdict by the top court has also refused the state of Maharashtra the option to challenge the order. Instead, the Mumbai Police has been asked to cooperate with the CBI investigation. Mumbai Police is also been asked to hand over the evidence collected with regard to the case to CBI for further digging in the complex case.
The Supreme Court’s verdict comes weeks after Rhea filed a plea which said that the Bihar Police can’t do the investigation in Sushant’s case as they don’t have the jurisdiction. The actress also asserted that the Kai Po Che actor’s death is being used for political gains. Rhea’s counsel also added that the actress was in love with SSR and suffered severe trauma following his tragic demise.
Arguing for SSR’s family, senior advocate Vikas Singh submitted in court that Rhea had allegedly distanced the actor from his family.
Earlier last week, Rhea Chakraborty along with her brother Showik Chakraborty and the late actor’s former manager Shruti Modi and roommate Siddharth Pithani were grilled by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) for money laundering charges.
Millions of Sushant’s fans and his close friends and family are elated by the decision and are celebrating it on social media.