Making your kid eat what they don’t like is the most difficult task for a parent. Young kids are very choosy about what they eat. But, we all know that the right amount of nutrition is very important during their growth years. If the child has a very small appetite it is going to be difficult to make sure all the right nutrients reach your child’s body. It is necessary to increase the appetite of your child, but that again is not an easy task.
You as a parent, don’t have to worry we have brought some tips that can be used to increase the appetite of your child and avoid them from skipping any meal.
1) Never allow your child to skip breakfast, as it is the first meal of the day and it sets the tone for the remaining whole day. A healthy breakfast gives a boost to the metabolism that leads to increased appetite.
2) Low iron levels are responsible to reduce the appetite of a child. It is necessary to maintain the iron level in your child’s meal.
3) Make your kid drink water at the start of the day and 30 minutes prior to every meal. Water-activated the digestive juices and increases the appetite.
4) Include products like Spinach, Mushrooms, nuts, beans, etc. in your child’s diet as these products are zinc-rich. Low zinc level in the body tends to loss of appetite.
5) Children need energy all day long, hence it is necessary to recharge their energy in short durations through food after every 2-3 hours.
Use these 5 tips and increase your child’s diet.