With the rise in Indian Cinema, the Hindi film industry and the South film industry are blending. Also, a remake of South movies has been consistent for ages. Many films from the south were and are picked for a remake in Hindi. Namely, Drishyam, Kabir Singh, Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein, Baaghi, Singham, and Bhool Bhulaiyaa are a few remakes that have made it big in Bollywood. Now Soorarai Pottru remake is in the process know interesting facts about the film.
Suriya made one of the biggest hits in his career with Soorarai Pottru and now a Hindi version of the film is in making. Back in April, superstar Akshay Kumar announced the remake of the Tamil film Soorarai Pottru. The film originally starred Suriya in the lead. Saravanan Sivakumar known by the stage name Suriya confirmed on Wednesday that he will share the screen in the remake of his own film.
Interesting facts about Soorarai Pottru
Kollywood’s ace actor Suriya has confirmed a cameo role in a Bollywood remake of his movie Soorarai Pottru alongside Akshay Kumar.
- Soorarai Pottru narrates the story of a young man ‘Maara’ who belongs to a remote village and dreams to launch his own airline service. The movie that turned into a blockbuster and received many awards too is a biopic of GR Gopinath who was the founder of Simplify Air Deccan.
- Released two years back in 2020, Soorarai Potru is rated 8.7 on IMDb.
- The movie is a biopic of retired Indian Army captain GR Gopinath and entrepreneur of Air Deccan but it has also been inspired by the book ‘Simply Fly’ (based on the same man).
- The film was conceptualized a decade ago. Over ten years the director Sudha went on a comprehensive study and that resulted in fruitful as the movie was a super hit.
- Suriya was offered the biggest hit of his career at an event he attended as a chief guest. The director Sudha Kongra approached Suriya during an event and narrated the one-liner. Reports suggest the actor was instantly impressed and gave his nod for the film.
- Bollywood actor Paresh Rawal made a debut in Kollywood with this film. He played the antagonist Paresh Goswami, an aviation tycoon.
Suriya has delivered blockbusters in the South film industry. Singam series, Kaappaan, Anjaan, Etharkkum Thunindhavan, Rakht Charitra, and latest Jai Bhim are some names of his hit movies. How to miss Soorarai Pottru which was the biggest hit in 2020, directed by Sudha Kongara Prasad.
Well, a remake of the action drama has been announced and Khiladi Kumar will take over the role of Suriya. The Hindi remake is also directed by Sudha Kongra, who helmed the original film, and co-produced by Suriya and Jyotika’s 2D Entertainment, Akshay Kumar’s Cape Of Good Hope, and Abundantia Entertainment.