Everyone now knows about how there’s a shortage of ideas at times in Bollywood which leads to the entertainment industry often coming up with used and out of date outrageous ideas and when they implement it in an actual form of film or series, they feel that its new age content which is fresh and original and when just like Bollywood films of 2020 which were slammed by the audiences and fans digitally, if their film flops and is declared a dud only then do they have a realization of their dumbest ideas. So with the new year officially starting from now, let’s take a look at ridiculous films and series which shouldn’t happen in 2021.
This is really one of the main reasons only why films like Ludo and Dil Bechara worked super successfully at the digital box office in 2020 while biggest films like Coolie No 1, Laxmii and Durgamati: The Myth also tanked and failed at the digital box office badly. With the new year bringing in good hopes and positivity, here are the ridiculous films and series which shouldn’t happen in 2021.
1. Releasing Ram Prasad Ki Tehrvi in theatres in 2021 – Many big Hollywood films like Tenet and Wonder Woman 1984 also came and went in the theatres post the pandemic lockdown opened up in Mumbai but ultimately they all failed in luring the fans and pulling the audiences into theatres. So on the 1st January 2020, we have another new bollywood movie called Ram Prasad Ki Tehrvi which marks the directorial debut of ace veteran actress Seema Pahwa and has a brilliant ensemble cast of Vinay Pathak, Supriya Pathak, and so on where the makers are totally sure of releasing this film in theatres. When a senior journalist during his recent interview called up in one of the multiplexes to find out how is this film performing, they all said, “Sir, Ram Prasad ki tehrvi aaj pehle hi din ho gayee”. RIP. This is self-explanatory for everyone about how the film is not able to perform well at the box office.
2. The Comeback Of Naagin Legend In Bollywood – Whilst now the preferences and likeability palette of fans, youth, netizens has changed drastically from watching film in theatres to watching digital films / series on globally renowned OTT platforms in this new day normal post the COVID 19 pandemic lockdown right from 2020 in this 21st century now, but there are still a section of people who are badly stuck in the archaic, clichéd and over used mythological concepts more like recalling the stone age. Any film maker or producer who is planning to make a film or trilogy movie series franchise on Naagin with the weird choice of the stellar actress Shraddha Kapoor essaying the character of the shape shifting serpent aka Naagin in it is totally out of his mind to do a totally wrong and unfit casting for it.
3. Relaunch Of Bobby As A Villain – After the success of Prakash Jha’s webseries Aashram in which Bobby Deol plays a shrewd and vilely cunning god man who is in reality a deceptive con man, Now we have heard that he is also playing the role of the antagonist and villain to Ranbir Kapoor in Sandeep Reddy Vanga’s Animal. Honestly, we feel that Bobby is much more suited for a hero’s role.
4. Sara Ali Khan As A Bihari Belle – After going through the biggest disaster and dud movies of 2020 namely Love Aaj Kal and Coolie No 1, we are really scarred and still overcoming those movies and now we came to know that Sara will be seen portraying the character of a Bihari girl in ace film maker Aanand L Rai’s Atrangi Re wherein Sara has really worked hard on her total image makeover whereby she has even attended acting workshops along with working on her Bhojpuri diction through proper training given to her by a voice coach to get the right feel and totally into her character. It feels, so early in her career, Sara has decided that she will be more adventurous and is seen taking risks when compared to her father Saif Ali Khan.
5. Heera Mandi On OTT – This is more like a cinematic treat or visually satisfying film experience like Sholay or Pakeezah being premiered digitally on laptops or smart phones. Some film ideas are totally meant for the 70 mm big celluloid screens only. This Sanjay Leela Bhansali film should not be made for digital watch but rather cinematic experience.