IPL 2020: “BCCI Will Take All Necessary Steps Against Coronavirus” Says Sourav Ganguly
BCCI President has made it clear that the IPL 2020 will go as per schedule even in the wake of coronavirus in India. Read below.
Sourav Ganguly On IPL 2020 Schedule Amidst Of Coronavirus
In the midst of the coronavirus outbreak that has reached India, BCCI President Sourav Ganguly made it clear that the forthcoming IPL edition is "ON" and the board is making every effort to ensure that the tournament begins smoothly on 29 March.
When asked about how BCCI is dealing with coronavirus outbreak, Ganguly said, "It's on...and BCCI will take all protection (against coronavirus).”
Thirty confirmed cases of coronavirus have been identified in the country so far, according to official data put forward by the Ministry of Health.
The report also cited that a senior official member of the BCCI is stating that the board will duplicate the government's suggested precautionary guidelines and give them to all stakeholders including teams, franchises, airlines, team hotels, broadcast crews and anyone else involved in running the tournament.
It's also likely that the board would warn the players not to shake hands with fans or even take photos of cameras that are not their own.
In the wake of Novel Coronavirus many of the world's sporting events have been canceled or postponed. Also, risks are hovering over the Olympics in Tokyo scheduled to be held later this year in July-August.
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will take on defending champions Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium on March 29 in the opener of IPL 2020 in what will be a repeat of last year's final.
Download The Lehren App For Latest & More News, Gossips, Videos And Podcasts.