This is the most favorite and amazing time of the year with 2020 ending, christmas and new years all coming together when officially new series are being announced which is a big yayy for all the series enthusiasts across the globe who love out of the box content. Here we bring forth a list of 8 eagerly awaited Netflix series that would be dropping in 2021.
For people working from home in the ongoing global coronavirus pandemic, this news is indeed a welcoming break from stress on weekend where they can just chill and unwind themselves totally by watching their favorite series on Netflix huddled in a blanket with hot chocolate for company and which is why check out these 8 eagerly awaited Netflix series that would be dropping in 2021.
1. Fate: The Winx saga – This is a fantasy genre upcoming Netflix series which is much waited for by the fans where the story revolves around the coming of age journey about five fairies who go to a magical school called Alfea in the otherworld where they grow up and try to learn how to become stronger in using and handling their powers while going through the maze of love, rivalries and monsters that are a threat to their very existence. This is being created by ace director Brian Young of (The Vampire Diaries) fame which is basically a live action cartoon adaptation of the Italian cartoon Winx Club from Ignio Straffi.
2. Shadow And Bone – This is a famous book adaptation from best-selling author Leigh Bardugo’s Shadow and Bones trilogy and Six of crows duology. Titled as Shadow and Bone, this fantasy genre series weaved with supernatural creatures and blended finely in horror genre will have eight one hour episodes and would be globally premiering in April 2021. Based on Leigh’s best-selling Grishaverse novels, it’s a story about a war torn universe with an orphan and lowly soldier named Alina Starkov has discovered the power which could be the main key of getting her entire country free but with monstrous radar and constant threat of shadow fold, she gets torn away from all to train as a part of an elite army filled with magical soldiers known as Grisha whereby in her struggling phase of learning to enhance her power, she slowly learns the allies and enemies can be one and same where nothing is that glamorous and glitzy like it seems from afar to others.
It also includes a gang of animals and charismatic deadly creatures that survive only on human flesh and this would take more than just magical powers to survive. This Netflix original series Shadow And Bone comes from Bardugo, Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps Entertainment, Eric Heisserer, Pouya Shahbazian and Lee Toland Krieger.
3. Vikings Valhalla – This one is a spin off series of the original Vikings series on History. It is an upcoming historical period action filled costume drama series, which has been written by screenwriter Jeb Stuart.
4. Resident Evil – This upcoming action filled horror genre series Resident Evil is based on the video game series with the same name which will be premiering on Netflix. The show has been greenlighted for eight hour-long episodes. The show is being produced by Constantin Film who have previously produced the Resident Evil film series.
5. The Cuphead Show ! – The Cuphead Show is also based on hit video game of the same name and is soon going to be premiering on Netflix.
6. The Sandman – The Sandman is another animation series coming on Netflix in 2021 that is being adapted from a comic book and anime series.
7. Cowboy Bebop – Cowboy Bebop is yet another diverse animation based series that will be dropping on Netflix in the year 2021 which is being created by its adaptation from a comic book and anime series of the same name.
8. Firefly Lane – This is another highly awaited series on Netflix which is being adapted from the New York times best-selling book of the same name which is a story about two very close and inseparable best friends and their long-term permanent yet sort of complicated bonding which completes forty years as they traverse through all the highs and lows of life together. This series stars the 27 dresses (2007) Hollywood film fame stellar actress Katherine Heigl and Sarah Chalke in leading roles, and comes from showrunner and executive producer Maggie Friedman.