Green Apple health benefits have gained traction in the recent years. From lowering cholesterol levels to improving appetite, they offer various health benefits. They are loved for their crunchiness and juicy taste. An apple is a mess-free fruit that has been known to offer numerous health benefits. We all have heard it – an apple a day keeps the doctor away – and there are actually good reasons for that.
Here’s a list of benefits of green apple:
1. Improved Vision: Our vision gets weaker as we age, making it important to consume food that can help protect the eyes. Green apples are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, antioxidants, and phytonutrients, which make them a great food for improved vision. These micronutrients fight damage and infections in the eye, help the wounds heal faster, and protect the lens as well as the outer layer of the eyes.
2. Cure Diabetes: The sugar level in green apples is much less compared to red apples. Also, the amount of fiber is sufficient. Therefore, green apple helps in managing diabetes. And, especially type-2 diabetes.
3. Prevents Skin Cancer: It contains Vitamin C that helps in preventing skin cells damaged by free radicals and thus reduces the chances of skin cancer.
4. Prevents Alzheimer’s: Having an apple every day prevents chances of old-age neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s.
5. Helps In Weight Reduction: How many times have we looked up on the internet the foods that could help in weight loss, when all that we had to do is grab an apple! Green apples are high in fiber and water content – both of the qualities that help us eat lesser and promote weight loss. Since obesity is linked to various diseases and conditions, weight loss aid is among the best health benefits of green apples. The fiber in green apples makes it slower for them to be digested, which keeps you feeling full for a longer time. And the water content makes you feel like you have plenty of food in your tummy, without the extra calories.
6. Improves Digestion: No one wants a bad- stomach day. By eating green apples, you can actually avoid one. Improved digestion is one of the uses of green apple. We have already mentioned that the green apple is rich in fiber. This fiber keeps the gut healthy. Moreover, it helps eliminate the unwanted substances from junk food and helps retain water, preventing diarrhoea.
7. Benefits for Skin: Men and Women love to have glowing, healthy skin. This is one of the most beneficial advantages of green apple. Green apple contains resveratrol, which helps in forming nourished and radiant skin. Green apples further help in reducing dark circles, preventing age spots, and hydrating the skin.
8. Benefits for Hair: As the age starts increasing, the hair starts thinning. Green apple contains vitamins and antioxidants that help add lustre to the hair, make them stronger, and boost its growth.
Green apple vs Red apple:
Green apples are sour in taste and have thick skin, which makes them crispier. Red apples, on the other hand, are sweet, juicy, and have thin skin. It is due to their sweetness, people prefer red apples over green ones.
Green Apple Calories: Both types of apples are packed with healthy vitamins and minerals. They are rich in antioxidants, pectin, quercetin, and flavonoids. They protect cells from oxidative damage and reduce the risk of developing chronic heart and liver diseases. Apples are low in fiber and calories, which makes them an excellent weight-loss-friendly fruit.
Green Apple Juice, Smoothies, and Recipes: From delicious entrees like Waldorf salad and spicy curry to decadent desserts like cobbler and fritters, green apples are a winning ingredient.
So, add a green apple to your diet and see the effect yourself!