Earlier this year, filmmaker Shashank Khaitan put Varun Dhawan starrer, Mr. Lele, on the back burner. Speaking of the same, Khaitan said that he feels like it is a blessing in disguise. He feels this way because the film got shelved just before the pandemic caused havoc in the country.
In an interaction with a tabloid, the 38-year-old filmmaker said that as per the original plan they were going to kick-start the filming of the film on March 13, 2020, while the suspensions of the shoots in the country was announced on March 15, 2020.
Shashank further added that if the film wasn’t shelved they would have spent a huge amount on the pre-productions. He also asserted that the film will be revived in the future.
Khaitan also revealed the reason behind why the film was shelved, he said that they were not able to form a flow for the shoot. The filmmaker added that he was feeling something wasn’t right and things were not falling in place. Apart from him, producer Karan Johar and actor Varun Dhawan also felt the same. Hence, they collectively decided to put the film on hold for the time being.
Mr. Lele was announced in January this year along with the first look poster of the film featuring Varun Dhawan. However, later Shashank Khaitan announced that the film has been shelved.
In the announcement, Khaitan stated that he and Varun collectively decided to postpone the shooting of the film. He also added that the stars cast of the movie weren’t able to give their confirm dates for the same due to prior commitments.
On the work front, Shashank Khaitan has reportedly roped in Kartik Aaryan for his next venture. Neither of them has reacted to the reports.