Netflix recently announced that the third season of the hit tv series The Witcher will be airing in the summer of 2023, since Netflix did not announce the exact date of its release we can say that the show might be available on Netflix between June-August 2023.
Season 2 will be Henry’s last season as Geralt of Rivia. In season 4 he will be replaced by Liam Hemsworth, Nonetheless, fans were left with many unanswered questions at the end of season 2 for season 3 to answer. Netflix announced the renewal of the series at the 2020 TUDUM event. While season one of the series was based on short stories by Sapkowski the author of the Book. Season 2 has followed the narrative of Sapkowski’s longer stories and we are hoping that season 3 will continue to follow this trend.
Henry Cavill leaving The Witcher?
Confirming that season 3 will be the last, Henry announced his exit from the show on Instagram in October 2022. He also promoted Liam Hemsworth through a post saying, “My journey as Geralt of Rivia has been filled with both monsters and adventures, and alas, I will be laying down my medallion and my swords for Season 4. In my stead, the fantastic Mr. Liam Hemsworth will be taking up the mantle of the White Wolf. As with the greatest of literary characters, I pass the torch with reverence for the time spent embodying Geralt and enthusiasm to see Liam’s take on this most fascinating and nuanced of men. Liam, good sir, this character has such a wonderful depth to him, enjoy diving in and seeing what you can find.”
Season 3 cast:
The cast that can likely be seen returning for 3rd season
- Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia
- Freya Allen as Princess Cirilla of Cintra
- Anya Chalotra as Yennefer of Vengerberg
- Joey Batey as Jaskier
- Eamon Farren as Cahir
- MyAnna Buring as Tissaia de Vries
- Mimî M. Khayisa as Fringilla Vigo
- Royce Pierreson as Istredd
- Anna Shaffer as Triss Merigold
- Mahesh Jadu as Vilgefortz
- Tom Canton as Filavandrel
- Mecia Simson as Francesca Findabair
- Lars Mikkelsen as Stregobor
- Terence Maynard as Artorius Vigo
- Graham McTavish as Sigismund Dijkstra
- Ed Birch as King Vizimir of Redania
- Sam Woolf as Rience
- Aisha Fabienne Ross as Lydia van Bredevoort
- Cassie Clare as Philippa Einhart
- Wilson Mbomio as Dara
- Bart Edwards as Duny/Emperor Emhyr, aka The White Flame of Nilfgaard
- Meng’er Zhang as Milva
- Robbie Amell as Gallatin
- Hugh Skinner as Prince Radovid
The Witcher season 3 trailer
Although there isn’t an official trailer for The Witcher season 3, there may be one soon as the third season is expected to be streamed this year. We know that previous season trailers dropped five months before the release date, we can expect that the trailer would drop soon as we reach closer to the summer 2023 timeline.