Selena Gomez’s cooking show, Selena + Chef, has been renewed for the new season. The news about the 29-year-old singer’s program was initially reported on Wednesday when it was revealed that the new series of episodes would premiere on HBO Max next year.
Selena + Chef was initially premiered last August and has been a hit with viewers ever since its release. Gomez released a statement about the upcoming season of her program and expressed through Deadline that she was looking forward to learning more tips and tricks in the kitchen. She said, “I am looking forward to another season of being in the kitchen with some of the world’s best chefs. Hopefully, my skills have improved.”
The Wolves singer also expressed her excitement for the humanitarian aspects of her show. She noted, “More importantly, we’ve been able to raise money for incredible charitable organizations.” Meanwhile, HBO Max’s Executive Vice President of Non-Fiction and Live-Action Family Programming, Jennifer O’Connell, also issued a statement about the show, which will take place at a beach house during the new set of episodes.
While expressing her excitement she said, “We are thrilled to continue this delicious series for season four and even more excited to take it to a new setting.” She added, “The beach vibes will absolutely take it to the next level and we can’t wait to see what recipes Selena and the chefs cook up next!”
For unversed, the program (Selena + Chef) follows the Disney Channel alum as she meets with a professional chef and attempts to plan out a meal. The singer also donates $10,000 to her guest’s charity of choice during each episode. In addition to starring in the series, the performer serves as one of its executive producers. Development on the show was initially announced last year when an order for ten episodes was given by the streaming platform. However, the new season of Selena + Chef is currently set to be made available to the public next year.