Search LEHREN

Chris Hemsworth Won't Be In India To Promote Extraction

Chris Hemsworth, who was to promote his impending Netflix film "Extraction" alongside director Sam Hargrave, was set for a two-day visit to the country on March 16

11th March 2020 | 02:36 PM (IST)
55 views

Chris Hemsworth, the Hollywood star, called off his visit to India on Monday due to coronavirus outbreak. The "Thor" actor, who was about to promote his forthcoming Netflix film "Extraction" along with director Sam Hargrave, was expected to arrive at the country on a two-day visit on March 16.

"Keeping in mind the health and safety of everyone involved and the travel advisory issued, the event has been called off," a Netflix official told the PTI

 

The Union Health Ministry had recently recommended that mass meetings be either avoided or postponed to prevent COVID-19 OUTBREAK. If such meetings are held, the respective states will take the necessary steps to instruct the organizers on the precautions to be taken, a ministry communication said. The novel virus was born in December last year in the Chinese city of Wuhan.

In "Extraction," previously named "Dhaka," 36-year-old Hemsworth plays Tyler Rake, a black market assassin who embarks on a risky mission when he is hired to save the abducted son of a lord of international crime imprisoned.

 

The movie was shot in Mumbai, Ahmedabad and a quiet region near Bangkok, Thailand, based on an original script by "Avengers: Infinity War" and "Avengers: Endgame" co-director Joe Russo. This marks Hargrave's directorial debut, who has been working as a stunt coordinator as well as "Captain America" actor Chris Evans ' body double. In "Extraction" Indian actor Randeep Hooda plays an important role, as do the newcomer Rudhraksh Jaiswal.

 

 

Download The Lehren App For Latest & More News, Gossips, Videos And Podcasts.

11th March 2020 | 02:36 PM (IST)
55 views
×
×