Juhi Chawla is one of the greatest Bollywood actresses of all time. She made fans emotional and cry with laughter with her mind-blowing acting. Juhi made her acting debut with a brief appearance in the film Sultanat (1986). However, Chawla landed her breakthrough role in the tragic romance film Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988), which also earned her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
The actress then moved her career forward with starring roles in Lootere, Aaina, Darr, and Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke, for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress. Further success came in 1997 with Deewana Mastana, Yes Boss, and Ishq. In the following decade, Chawla tried something new and began working with independent filmmakers in art-house projects, garnering critical acclaim for her performances in Jhankaar Beats, 3 Deewarein, My Brother Nikhil, I Am and Gulaab Gang.
Juhi also tried her hands in several Punjabi films, including the biopics Shaheed Udham Singh, Sukhmani – Hope for Life and more. Juhi Chawla is recognised for her comic timing and vivacious on-screen persona. Apart from actress, Juhi is also a film producer and entrepreneur. She established herself as one of the leading actresses of Hindi cinema from the late 1980s through the early 2000s.
Talking about Juhi Chawla’s personal life, the actress was born on 13 November 1967 and raised in Ambala, Haryana. The Bollywood actress tied the knot with Jay Mehta when she was at the peak of her career in an intimate wedding ceremony. The couple is blessed with two children, a daughter Janhavi and a son Arjun. Though she is in the entertainment industry for more than three decades, there are still a few facts that you may not be aware of.
Check Out 5 unknown facts on Juhi Chawla’s birthday:
- Throughout her career, Juhi has worked in several hit films with several A-list Bollywood actors. She has worked with Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan, however, never with Salman.
- Fans loved the onscreen romance between Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla in the 1994 film Andaz Apna Apna. But in real life, Salman Khan had reportedly asked for Juhi’s hand in marriage to her father but he did not approve. However, the reason behind turning down the proposal is still not known.
- Juhi is a vegetarian and loves both Italian and Thai food.
- The hardworking actress was so in demand during the early days of her career that she had 29 film releases from 1990 to 1993 which is really exciting number.
- Juhi didn’t charge anything for the patriotic Punjabi film Shaheed Udham Singh, released in 1999.