Search LEHREN

Poll Result: THIS Version Of Masakali Song Fans Like More

We conducted a poll to know which version of the Masakali song people are liking more. Check out the results.

10th April 2020 | 02:25 PM (IST)
224 views

Recently released song Masakali 2.0 is grabbing many eyeballs. The remix version of the song has been composed by Tanishk Bagchi and sung by Tulsi Kumar. The music video stars Marjaavan co-stars Sidharth Malhotra and Tara Sutaria. The original version was composed by Oscar winner AR Rahman, penned by lyricist Prasoon Joshi and was sung by Mohit Chauhan. The song was incorporated in film Delhi 6 that starred Abhishek Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor. 

Release of the remix has initiated a debate. AR Rahman took to his social media to openly criticise the new version and its artists by writing, “No short cuts, properly commissioned, sleepless nights, writes and re-writes. Over 200 musicians, 365 days of creative brainstorming with the aim to produce music that can last generations. A team of a Director, a composer and a lyricist, supported by actors, dance directors and a relentless film crew.”

We conducted a poll to know the choice of people. 

Our Question: Which Version Of Masakali Song Do You Like More? - Original Or Remix?

Poll Result: A total of 4,800 people participated in the poll of which 89% of people voted for the Original version while only the rest 11% of the voters liked the remix version more. 

Needless to say, the original version of the song is a clear winner. 

Lyricist of the song, Prasoon Joshi too has slammed the remix. He wrote on Twitter, "All songs written for #Delhi6 including #Masakali close to heart, sad to see when the original creation of @arrahman @prasoonjoshi_& singer @_MohitChauhan insensitively utilised. Upto the conscience of @Tseries. Hopefully the fans will stand for originality. "

Here's how people are reacting on Twitter:

This isn't the first time AR Rahman's songs have been remixed. Earlier his popular song Humma Humma was remixed for the 2017 film Ok Jaanu. Well, this trend of remakes isn't going to end soon. 

 

Download The Lehren App For Latest & More News, Gossips, Videos And Podcasts.

10th April 2020 | 02:25 PM (IST)
224 views
×
×